One of the best things about getting married is of course, planning the event itself. Some people prefer to pass the job onto someone else and that is fine. However, there’s something really special about being present for the planning process. It gives you an opportunity to get your thrift on and find ways to save money without skimping on quality.
A huge and important aspect of planning a wedding is of course the furniture. You need to have somewhere that your guests can sit down and enjoy their food. Not to mention a safe space to catch their breath after a blow-out session throwing shapes on the dance floor!
In this article, we’re going to take you through some various Australian wedding furniture ideas; from rustic sweetheart tables to DIY seating arrangements, you’ll find plenty of inspiration here…
Australian wedding furniture ideas
When it comes to an Australian wedding, it is important to get your wedding furniture locked down. If you are going to make the most out of our gorgeous climate, then you’ll want to have a bit of an outdoor wedding, particularly if BBQ catering is on your mind!
There are a number of different paths that you can take.
- Lavish furniture items: If you want to go all out and secure the pinnacle of comfort and luxury, then hiring lavish furniture items is an option. This is ideal for those who want to pull off a truly opulent vibe at their wedding.
- DIY furniture items: For those on a bit of a budget, or even if you simply want to experiment and have some fun, you can get creative and build some of your wedding furniture from scratch (we’ll cover some ideas shortly).
- Budget furniture items: There is no shame in trying to save a little money and if that means hiring budget furniture for your wedding then go for it.
- Comfy sit-down areas: Your other option is to have more of a comfortable wedding with low round tables surrounded by cushions. Just remember that not everyone is going to be able to sit comfortably cross-legged, especially the older guests. Thus, be sure to mix it up and have some regular seating as well.
- Loungers & hammocks: It is always fun to throw in a few quiet areas where people can escape to sit down and catch up with an old friend. You could have some sun-loungers scattered around and even hammocks tied between trees to mix it up!
- Beanbags: It mind sound a bit silly, but have you considered hiring a number of beanbags for your special day? If you are really going for the rustic country vibe and wish to have a campfire, then having some big comfy beanbags surrounding it will add a wonderful vibe as the party continues on into the night.
- Empty barrels: Empty barrels are awesome to scatter around the place for people to gather around when drinking. You could even hire the occasional stool for extra comfort and convenience.
- Hay bales: Hay bales might not always be the most accessible, but depending on where you are they make awesome standing tables, much like an empty barrel.
Wedding table ideas
When it comes to wedding tables, it is best to try and keep it as simple as possible. Yes, you can go wild with your decorations, but nothing is as important as having safe, sturdy, and comfortable tables. Can you imagine what it would be like to try and save as much money as you can on tables, only for them to be wobbly and unstable causing many an upset? No, you should always play it safe and secure quality tables for your wedding.
If you wish to spice up the sweetheart table and have it stand out from the rest, then there are many wonderful rustic ideas you can opt for.
Rustic wedding sweetheart table ideas
Rustic weddings are gorgeous, particularly when taking advantage of the beautiful Australian countryside and weather. Get creative and thrifty and try to fashion a stunning head sweetheart table out of whatever you can find. Just make sure that the table is sturdy and spacious, but more importantly, decorated to the nines so at to make the perfect centrepiece for the event.
Wedding chair ideas
There is so much that you can do with wedding chairs. For example, you can keep it simple with some easy fold-up chairs to save as much money as you can. If you do this, you’ll need some good chair sash ideas for folding chairs to primp them up a bit.
Or alternatively, you can opt for opulence and hire the fanciest chairs available.
Other alternatives include scattering some old logs around for people to perch on.
Our favourite however, would have to be the Tiffany chair style. Tiffany chairs are beautiful and will give your wedding that dreamy, romantic vibe that everyone longs for!
Wedding chairs decoration ideas
Depending on who you hire furniture from, some providers will have chair decorations available as well. For example, some folding chairs will come with pre-fit covered, such as all in white. Trying ribbons and balloons to chairs, or false ivy are some other easy fixes.
Wedding bench ideas
Our favourite wedding bench idea, particularly for outdoor weddings is having 3 chopped logs in a line with a plank of wood over the top. You’ll have to ensure that the logs are wide enough to sustain several people without toppling over though!
Get creative and take your time. There’s plenty of road ahead so don’t worry about rushing in and making a decision immediately. The important thing is to get a solid headcount first, then you can really start thinking about your furniture optimisation for the special day! Good luck!